Corporate Social Responsibility
TWE’s commitment to social investment and positively engaging our broader community is detailed within our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Guiding Principles. This page contains information designed to assist organisations, not-for-profits and community groups when seeking product or financial donations from TWE.
Our Community Donation Program aims to engage our community in a mutually rewarding way, while delivering against our CSR objectives.
A Community Donation is an agreement to develop a ‘level of association’, for cash or in-kind (including product) contributions to support a community group, not-for profit, registered charity or similar in exchange for leveraged benefits. These typically include:
- General community benefit
- Benefit to key TWE stakeholders including employees, local communities and consumers
- Corporate reputational benefit
What we support
TWE’s Global CSR Council, which oversees delivery of our CSR program, has determined that the company’s support will focus on the two critical areas of water and food.
TWE is focusing on a small number of meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with programs which seek to deliver water and food resources where they are most needed.
Community donation requests will also be assessed for their community benefit; positioning opportunities with TWE’s key stakeholders, employee involvement opportunities associated with the donation and alignment or fit with TWE brands.
Priority will be given to requests which meet our criteria and originate from non-profit or charity organisations based in communities where TWE employees live and work.
What we don’t support
TWE receives many donation requests and whilst we recognise all requests have individual merit, our community donations program will not support:
- Pursuits or activities of individuals unrelated to our overall goals and objectives;
- Religious or political organisations, unless it considers the benefit provided is genuinely charitable and available to the broader community on a non-denominational basis;
- Organisations or groups who discriminate or limit membership based on race, gender, sexual orientation, beliefs, class or cultural considerations;
- For-profit ventures; and
- Third party requests from associations or companies raising money for a charity (i.e. Companies or Associations hosting a fundraiser where proceeds benefit a charity).
These guidelines are indicative only and are not intended to limit the ability of Treasury Wine Estates to approve of or reject a community donation request for other reasons.
Donation Application Process
Before applying, please familiarise yourself with the donation application process outlined below as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
1. Review the Treasury Wine Estates Community Donation Guidelines on this page.
2. Determine whether your request fits our criteria, including providing the following:
- Detail on how the theme of water and/or food is/are supported;
- Clearly specify benefits for TWE and the organisation if the donation is granted;
- PDF letter of request from the organisation seeking the donation on letterhead with Tax ID Number or DGR Status number clearly marked;
- Where product donation/discounted purchase of wine is involved, the request must present a mature, balanced and responsible approach to consumption of alcohol including:
- Not challenging or daring people to drink;
- Not having a strong or evident appeal to anyone under the legal drinking age;
- Having food available at the event
- In addition, your request must detail the level of exclusivity in the wine category from a marketing and pouring rights perspective. A donation that delivers total wine exclusivity to TWE will be considered more favourably; and
- A clearly defined donation plan outlining key accountabilities, objectives, performance indicators and measures, resourcing, execution, timeframes and post event/activity review process and report back to TWE.
3. Submit your application at least 8 weeks in advance to allow sufficient time for TWE to review and respond to your application. This time will also enable TWE to maximise its investment including determining any promotional strategies to leverage the donation with relevant TWE audiences.
4. Complete the online Community Donations Request Form.
Successful applicants will be contacted within eight weeks of submission.
If your request is granted, you must supply TWE with a summary of the activity/event/project upon completion and include details of whether the activity met its objectives and fulfilled TWE’s stated criteria. A full summary of all media clippings associated with the project/event must also be submitted within one month of completion.